CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 26, 2005

I've Got a New Song

"And He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."
Psalm 40:3
This verse is real to me now. About a month ago i woke up with a new song going through my mind. so i went outside with my guitar and my bible, and God gave me a new song. I love writing songs but haven't written much. I've probably only written about 4 now. And all of them have come out of times where i find myself walking through the most hardest and darkness times of my life. Seasons where i've reached the end if myself and feel like i can't go on anymore. It's during these times that God shows Himself faithful and reveals more of Himself to me. So that's how this song came about. here are the lyrics

I will lift my voice to You Jesus

For you have heard my cry
From the depths of my soul
For you have given me life
Life that makes me whole

For you have been strength
The strength that carries me on
For You have been my sheild
My fortress, rock that's so strong

For you are faithful regardless of what i'm going through
So i will lift my voice and worship You

0 comments: