CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Bats.. Bats...Bats

I was able to go back to the house on thursday. My sister called me that day to tell me all the details about what had happened. I think it's a good to know why the bats got in, don't you? Well my sister and brother in law are in the process of redoing the kitchen. And awhile ago they took down the kitchen cabinets that were over the stove. And it left a square hole in the ceiling. so my brother in law put a big wooden block up there to close it off. well that still left a small part of the hole open, small enough for a bat to squeeze through. so the bats were coming in through the eves on the side of the house and then getting through this hole in the ceiling. there were 3 bats that actually got in the house, and 30 bats that are still in the eves. So we have a mini colony still alive and well in the eves of the house. Which brings me to the reason why they're still alive, cause if i had it my way the bats would be dead by now. Bats are under federal protection becuase they eat insects, so you're not allowed to kill them. I really think that this is really stupid. And that once the bats cross the line and enter your house and or are in your roof and could get in your house, you should be able to get rid of them, even if it means killing them.So what is going to happen now, is in a few weeks the bat people will come back and put a screen where the bats are. So the bats will be able to leave but won't be able to get back in. But this cost about $1,000.

i'm still pretty paranoid, and havent' slept well since i've been back. but now i'm at my friend's house for a few nights. so will hopefully sleep better while i'm here. by the way i just want to say thank you to Christy, Sarah, and the rest of the girls at Alpha Crowded. Thanks for opening your home and letting me stay here when i need to. you've all have really blessed me so much!

Well i guess that's about it for now!

1 comments:

Bianka said...

You will have (a) bat man visiting your house. That is hilarious! ;)