CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 16, 2005

What was I thinking??

Well yesterday i had a very exciting day! Since the last few weeks (actually much longer then that) have been rough(a major understatment), my mom who's in town for the week treated us to a day at Carowinds. It was so much fun and i loved it! And for once i was almost able to forget about all my problems.

Yesterday was the perfect day to go to Carowinds. It started out really cloudy and yucky looking but ended up being very sunny and HOT! Forunately there is a waterpark there and alot of the other rides get you wet, so you can stay cool. But Since we were outside all day in the sun, i got fried. And believe it or not i wore sunscreen and a hat for part of the day. I got burnt everywhere including my scalp. Actually normally my scalp is the first place i burn cause my hair is so thin.

I think the sun actually fried part of my brain becuase i went on ride that i should of never gotten on. I don't know what i was thinking, and i don't know why i let my brother in law talk me into it. There's this ride at the waterpark part, called "Pipeline Plunge" Those of you who have been to Carowinds should know what i'm talking about, but i'll try to describe it for those of you who haven't been there. It's a five story tall water slide, that's a curvy sprial pipe. And you go down on your back with your hands behind your head and ankles crossed. Well it didn't hit me what i was actually about to do, till i started going down the pipe, then i paniced and thought i was going to have a heart attack or drown before i got to the bottom. First of all when you're going down this pipe there is tons of water that is thrown at your face and all around you, but your hands are suppose to be behind your head, so you can't hold you nose, that' why i thought i would surely drown. Secondly I'm so light that my body wouldn't just stay on the bottom of the pipe, but i kept going up on the sides of the pipe. Thirdly, you're traveling at least 30 miles an hour. Fourthly, it's completely black no light till you reach the end.

So i literally thought i would surely die, i was so scared!! Well after i recovered from that ride, i went on a roller coaster. This was a mild rollercoaster. It's cool cause there are these huge water guns on the ground that people watching you can use to soak you with water. But while you're riding you can also dump water on unexpecting people who are just walking around and have no idea what;s going on. It's a lot a fun.

So i really had a great day! And i could of stayed there forever, especially at the water park part of it cause they had a nice relaxing wave pool that i enjoyed very much.

So that was my day yesterday. Today i'm purposely not doing anything but trying to get some much needed rest cause of yesterday. I really wore myself out and did somethings i shouldn't of done cause of my heart. But i think it was worth it even though i'm feeling quite yucky right now.

0 comments: